To activate Parental Control please follow the steps below:
1) Open up the Readly app and go to Menu (in the top left-hand corner of the app)
2) Click/Press on the small pencil icon that appears next to the selected profile name
3) Select the 'Parental Control' option to turn parental controls on, then click on 'PIN Code' to set a 4-digit PIN code.
4) Select the 'Save' option to confirm the change
5) Your Parental control is now active
To Deactivate follow the steps below:
1) Go to Menu within the Readly app
2) Click/Press on the small pencil icon that appears next to your profile name
3) Enter your 4-digit PIN code
4) Select the 'Parental Control' option to turn parental controls off. Once you have done this, the 'Parental Control' option should no longer be highlighted.
5) Select the 'Save' option to confirm the change
6) Your Parental control is now disabled
Parental Controls Explained:
At the moment when you turn on parental controls, magazines that are not suitable for children can no longer be accessed in the profile that has parental controls activated. We are aware that every parent's opinion of what is and is not appropriate can vary, that's why you can always hide titles if our standard parental controls feature is not enough.
Hiding specifc titles:
We have just introduced a new function which will allow you to hide specific magazines in each profile. This new function is great for keeping control over the content that your child has access to!
To hide titles under your child's account please follow the instructions below:
- Open up the Readly app and go into your child's profile
- Press and hold on the cover/title you would like to hide
- Select "Hide Title"